What is data, information, database, dbms, rdbms.
In the tutorial you will know:
- What is the meaning of data?
- Definition of information and its importance.
- Database concepts with example.
- Elaboration of DBMS and RDBMS and the difference between them.
- List of most popular RDBMS.
Data is an instance or a single unit of information.
Information is a collection of related data.
Database is a collection of related information. It contains all personal, business related records. Then this records can be used in future. This database can be used also to take crucial decision in critical situation.
The elaboration of DBMS is database management system. It is a special type of software used to create, change, modify database. And every data management related function is performed also with this software.
The elaboration of RDBMS is relational database management system. Some important and mostly used RDBMS are as follows:
- Oracle (12c,11g,10g,9i,8i,8)
- MS SQL Server (2008,2005,2000)
- MS Access (2013,2010,2007,2003,2000,XP)
Previous Tutorial: Install school management software source code
Next Tutorial: Steps to create database in ms access