Database objects in ms access with brief description of their functionalities.
When you create a database in MS Access, it will add some objects automatically to design database, forms, reports, relationship between them. Here we will know about:
- Access db structure.
- List of access database objects with their functions.
- Benefits to use them.
- Using the database objects to design business class applications.
- Definition and functions of table, query, forms, reports, macro, module.
First you should know, what is object. The object is an individual part of db. Database objects is a crucial element to develop business class applications. They are used to enter, store and view records. You can design and build customize software for your business by using them.
There are six important database objects in ms access. I have described below with their functionalities.
- Table: The database table contains all personal and business records. It stores all kind of data, when a user give an entry. It can be called the bucket of data or information. Then you can use these records in future to take complex decisions. So, it is much crucial element for us.
- Query: The query is used to bring data by searching from table. It can search records in one or more tables depending on conditions or without condition.
- Form: The form is an interface to enter data from users. When a user enter data into a form and save, then it stores data into the table. That means, a form has a link with a particular table.
- Report: If you want to view well organized records in page and also need to print them into hard copy, then you have to design reports in microsoft access. This report takes raw data from tables and organize them into well format. It depends on either query or direct table for taking data. Then it can be printed on paper.
- Macro: Macro is a collection of commands which is executed chronologically one after another and finally perform a specific task.
- Module: The module is used to write VBA (visual basic application) programs in ms access. You will write VBA program once and use them multiple times in any place of your application when required.
To create database objects in ms access:
First, you have to open a database.
Second, go to “Create” tab.
Third, click on the specific object (suppose select “Table Design” option to create table). Then follow the steps one by one to complete the process. Finally, the particular object will be created.